2012/11/11

Top Ten (Eight) TV Show

1. Mystery Science Theater 3000 - So simple yet so hilarious. Sarcastic robots watching B-movies is one of my favorite things ever, and the humor cuts me straight to the bone.

2. Monty Python's Flying Circus - I love British comedy, especially from these guys. Some of the most absurd sketches I have ever seen and the loose continuity between sketches was sweet. I am a big fan of the Palin/Cleese duo.

3. Star Trek - The first great science fiction TV show in my opinion, and still one of the best. The Kirk/Spock/McCoy dynamic was solid and a little Scotty never hurt anyone. William Shatner is the man.

4. Entourage - Basically a TV show of the male fantasy life. I prefer the first few seasons when they didn't have any serious problems.

5. Firefly - Another great science fiction show. It has a sort of steam punk feel which I like and it was very well cast. Shows about flying around in space are just generally very appealing to me.

6. Band of Brothers - Technically a mini-series but I'm counting it. Quality World War II story from the same team that brought you Saving Private Ryan.

7. Insomniac with Dave Attell - A travel show about late night goings on. Dave Attell is my favorite comedian so that's a bonus.

8. The Twilight Zone - A show that could be about anything, and always tried to make you think. The Rod Sterling intro's were always stupendous.

No comments:

Post a Comment