2013/12/02

Montage

This is what I've been up to lately:


So, I quit my job to become a writer and the first thing I do is make a video. Don't question my methods. It just seemed like the right thing to do, and I learned a lot. Mostly I learned that a montage is probably too ambitious of a project for someone without much experience making movies. I suck at lighting (my bathroom is the only lighting I liked), acting (my face is just all over the place, all the time), shooting (as in I just set the camera down and let auto-focus fail for me), and editing (I don't even begin to understand proper montage construction). On the other hand, I think my shot positioning wasn't terrible, and I built a rig our of cardboard to hold my camera that I'm pretty proud of.

Camera Setup
All this so I could cut my hair

Next time I think I'll just talk into a camera while sitting at my desk... or maybe I should stick to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment