2013/01/27

Top Ten (Sixteen) Words


1.  Stupendous - an adjective that can make anything sound cool, and a great replacement for the overused "awesome". 

2.  Indubitably - can class up any conversations, and I have a sentimental attachment since this was my favorite word when I was about eight years old.

3.  Any word with –ness - the ability to turn any word into a noun is a power that I prefer to weild with reckless abandon.

4.  Milquetoast - it creates such a good mental image, and it's spelt amusingly.

5.  Veritable Cornucopia - technically two words, but best when used together. It can infuse any statement with gravitas (gravitas is also a great word).

6.  Philistine - my favorite insult, especially because the people I use it on generally don't know what it means.

7.  Asinine - just a good way to describe anything I don't like or understand.

8.  Aplomb - sounds kind of bumbling, but means that opposite.

9.  Lithe - pretty much just like this one because it sounds sexy.

10.  Heinous - another good way to describe things I don't like, and it sounds like anus.

11.  Flocculation - a really impressive sounding technical term that I just want to casually drop into conversations.

12.  Tot - adorable. 

13.  Scintillate - it sound very exciting and magical.

14.  Stud - probably the single manliest word ever (erection being a close second).

15.  Chortle - a word that makes me do what it describes.

16. Sternutation - makes sneezing sound important.

No comments:

Post a Comment